Tuesday, November 17, 2015

And I could not get it out of my mind ...

I have been on a mission trip before ...

But not since I was a teenager ...

I have been overseas before ...

But not since I was a teenager ...

I have been enjoying attending Project: Re3 ...

But I felt like something was missing (and it is not being a teenager) ...

One Sunday, I heard Beth G. talk about the Girls Empowerment Trip to Uganda ...

And I could not get it out of my mind!

So I said that I wanted to go ...

Before I even knew much about it ...

But the more I have explored and learned, the more I want to go!

I am truly a teacher at heart and strive to help others explore possibilities for learning. My passion is all about building people up and helping them achieve things they never thought possible. That is why the mission and vision of theFields of Dreams Uganda organization appeals to me so much:

·         Mission: The mission of Fields of Uganda, Inc. is to provide hope for the orphaned and vulnerable children of Uganda through the vehicles of soccer and education.
·         Vision: We envision communities in Uganda where orphans and vulnerable children can reach their full potential as compassionate human beings


In Uganda, girls face unique challenges as they strive to achieve their dreams. Fields of Dreams Uganda is proud to offer creative and empowering programming to help bring those dreams within reach. An investment in the girls of Uganda will go a long way in impacting the communities where these girls live, and in turn the nation of Uganda as a whole. Supporting this initiative ensures the following benefits for one girl enrolled in one of our nine partner campuses:

·         A hygiene kit to ensure that each girl can attend classes and train for soccer during their monthly cycles
·         Coaching that ensures confidence building and life skills training
·         Educational guidance and counseling services from our highly skilled Education Advocates along with DREAMS training
·         Access to FoDU soccer programming, tournaments, and training
·         The reassurance that their life matters, and they have a purpose

Here is the part that hooked me: When girls in Uganda get old enough to have their monthly cycles, they stop going to school for that week each month because they don't have anything to prevent them from messing up their dresses.

That time away from education and opportunities impacts their future!

That is why I am going on a Girls Empowerment Trip!

Our group will be involved in the distribution of hygiene kits and girl empowerment workshops at all nine partner schools.

Here is a great video about the Girls Empowerment Project from the Field of Dreams Uganda website:
 

Be on the lookout for ways you can support our trip, both through fundraisers and specific prayer opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment