Tuesday, March 1, 2016

There's joy still ahead ...

I wrote a blog post before I went to bed about frustrations with a dose of hope sprinkled in. I awoke in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to read some of a book, The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd. (A fictional book by the same author who wrote A Snicker of Magic). She has such a way with words!
Here are a few sentences that seemed to jump off the page at me, especially in relation to my experiences this week in Uganda:
"Just a pinch of wishing stardust in someones's drink fills them with hope no matter how sad their days have been"
"Because people need hope. You'd be amazed at what a person can do with just a pinch of it."
"I wanted permanent reminders that it's possible to bloom, even when you feel defeated."
"It took many years for me to see that hope doesn't take the sadness away, ... but hope reminds you there's something good in spite of the sadness. There's joy still ahead, still yours for the taking."

No comments:

Post a Comment