Jesus, God, and Holy Spirit
- In one true God who exists in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is infinite, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love.
- The Father saves everyone who will come to Him, through Jesus Christ, from sin and death.
- Jesus Christ was truly human and truly God.
- That Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin.
- In His sinless life, miracles and teachings.
- Jesus died, was buried, was bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven.
- The Holy Spirit lives inside every believer of Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.
- In the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit and the exercising of fruits of the Spirit.1
We believe all Scripture is given by God and is without error. We trust the authority, reliability and truth of all Scripture. In humility, we acknowledge we do not fully understand God and the world He made. For that reason we rely on the Bible to be the rule of our faith, teaching us what we do not know, challenging and leading us away from our misconceptions, self deceptions, and convenient ideas about life and God. We don’t choose the parts of the Bible we prefer or want to believe, obey or understand; instead we submit to all of Scripture believing it reveals the truth that is beyond us. We believe that Jesus is the word of God and for that reason we don’t just obey Scripture, we love it. Because, like a mirror it shows us who we really are, and like a window it opens our lives to the beauty, wonder, and love of the God we long to know.2
We believe that all people sin and have incurred a "sin debt" that separates them from the one true holy God. God is a God of justice but also of mercy. We believe that God provided a way for the forgiveness of sin through Christ's sacrifice at the Cross. We have a choice to accept Christ's sacrifice as atonement for our sin and thereby be reconciled to God in this life and in the next.3
- Matt 28:19, John 1:3, John 13:15, John 14:6, John 17:18, Rom 5:10, Eph 1:22-23, Phil 2:5, Col 1:15-20, Col 2:9, Col 3:17, Heb 1:3, Heb 12:2, model [Eph 5:1-2], mentor [John 13:14-15, Acts 26:16], hero [Rom 1:4], mediator [1Tim 2:5, Heb 7:25], savior [Acts 4:12, Titus 3:6], judge (Rom 2:16, John 9:39, 2 Tim 4:1), king (Rev 1:5, Rev 19:16) and ruler of all (Col 1:18, Rev 17:14).
- Deut. 4:10, 2 Sam 7:28, 22:31, Neh. 8, Ps. 18:30, Prov. 30:5, Isa. 40:8, Jer. 15:16, Matt. 4:4, 2:29, Luke 8:21, 11:28, 24:32, John 1:1-17, 5:24, 5:39, 8:51, Acts 8:35, 18:11, Rom. 3:2, 1 Tim. 4:13, 2 Tim. 3:16, Col. 1:25, 3:16, 1 Thess. 2:13, Heb. 4:12-13, 1 Peter 4:11, 2 Peter 3:16, 1 John 2:5, Rev. 3:8, 19:9
- Matt. 19:25-26, Rom. 3:8, Rom. 3:23, Matt. 8:18-22, Rom. 8:38-39, Rom. 10:9-10, Phil, 3:4-11, Heb. 7:25, Rev. 22:17